Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sunny side up, please?

~haven't posted in a while, so thought a good stream-of-consciousness was needed~

i've actually had a couple really great things happen in the last week, one of which I will share. If I've calculated correctly, i will be a fully licensed therapist (LIMHP) by monday. this means more to me than i can really form words for. this opens so many more doors for my career and my future. i should also soon have my provisional certificate for alcohol and drug counseling, which is one more quality that makes me more marketable. in the mean time, i sit and wait for my hours to be signed off on and then sent in to lincoln for approval. they can sometimes drag their feet, so send some good mojo my way in this matter, please...

i just finished reading So Stressed by drs. McClellan and Hamilton. i am a person who has chronic, acute stress. i have been wearing my shoulders as earrings for quite some time now. this has contributed to my ongoing pain in my neck and shoulders, however my car accident a year ago exacerbated this to the nth degree. i am becoming more mindful of this and am doing what i can to remedy it. regardless, it sucks. being aware is the beginning though, right?

i have not moved on to reading The 21 Day Cleanse (seeing a pattern here yet?). this one seems to be about a mental/emotional cleanse over the next 21 days. i'll keep ya posted on that one. i think after that i may move on to my Deepak Chopra books or some other fiction to get lost in.

i'll let you know how the mind cleanse goes (kinda sounds like brainwashing, eh?)
L

No comments:

Post a Comment