Friday, January 15, 2010

Say No to Drugs Kids

i started my prendezone on Tuesday. i absolutely dislike the effect it is having on me. i am shaky, jittery, hyper, and wake up at 4:30am on my own and can't get back to sleep. henceforth, i write. thankfully, i only have to take them once a month for five days over the next six months. what will happen after that will be a new MRI to see if the steroids helped shrink the active lesions, therefore i would see a remission of my symptoms. if not, then it's back to the drawing board, which means a new type of med with it's own host of side-affects. joy.

i will say, though, that i have been feeling much better about some things. i applied for my full licensure this week and have some other things going on behind the scenes that i'm excited about. my fella should be home within the next few weeks, so i am very thrilled about that as well. i started back swimming last night. it felt good to get back in the water and just have some time alone with myself. swimming is meditation for me. i look forward to practicing and building up my lung capacity and stamina again.

as for the book i was reading, i still am, but haven't picked it up all week. i intend to get back into that today, actually. here it sits, next to me on my kitchen table, beckoning me to open it's pages. it's also a library book and i love the sound that the clear protective covering makes. if i could, i would probably cover all my books in that stuff. for me, it's what childhood memories are made of. i spent a lot of time with my mom and grandma at the library as a kid, so i think fondly on the feel and sound of that clear, crackling book cover.

here's to another day of meaning making in my life,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment