Monday, January 11, 2010

2 Words: MS Sucks

i woke up this morning and felt as if i had gotten no sleep at all. i ended up going into work for about two hours and my colleague was kind enough to cover group for me this evening. i hesitated to tell my clinical director about what was really going on b/c i was afraid she wouldn't believe me. i know it's my own insecurities, but i tend to lean on the side of paranoia when it comes to being sick. i had migraines a lot when i was in high school and friends and some teachers didn't believe me. hence, the reason i feel guilty when i call in sick to work. it's as if i tell myself that i don't have a right to take time out and rest.

MS and fatigue are a tricky thing. you never really know when it's gonna come on or go away. my fatigue feels as if a truck has hit me. i usually can't focus and, when i get too tired, i start to slur my words as if i'm drunk. that's all i need to sound like at work when i'm around a handful of women recovering from drug addiction. :-) i know that all that is within my control is to take care of myself. This means taking my shots daily, resting when my body calls for it, and now, taking Prendezone once a month for five days. i start that tomorrow. not really looking forward to it, but am hoping it will heal the lesions that are causing my current symptoms. praying that i won't be a raving bitch by the fifth day.

here's to the next step in my journey. thanks for sharing it with me...
L

No comments:

Post a Comment