Sunday, January 10, 2010

Random

i just wanted to vent something momentarily. i went to a bridal show with a good friend, who is also getting married in May, today. it never ceases to amaze me how patronizing these shows can be. it's as if all the vendors assume that every woman there has been planning her wedding since she was 5 years old and wants to be a "princess" on her "big" day. here are 2 problems with this for me:

1) i want to be me on my wedding day. not a princess, queen, or any other reference to royalty
2) my wedding day will be one of many "big" days in my life. i do aspire to many other goals besides getting married

on the other side of this, i am very grateful to be spending the rest of my life with the man i love and who adores me. our wedding day is our opportunity for our family and friends to share in our joy and begin the journey we are about to take as husband and wife. it is also our chance to thank everyone who has been a part of our lives together, thus far and take part in one of many blessings we are sure to have in our life ahead of us.

many blessings,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment