Monday, December 28, 2009

New year re'v'olutions?

Ask anyone of my family and friends and they will tell you, I don't do resolutions! However, this year I contemplate a re'v'olution instead. When you hear the word revolution, you may think of great upheaval or some sort of government demise. However, in this context I refer to "A sudden, vast change in a situation, a discipline, or the way of thinking and behaving." I feel this relates to my life right about now...

My most important re'v'olution will be my stinking thinking I have regarding certain situations in my life. I have used my skills and radically accepted that my job situation will not change until I am fully licensed. In the mean time, I intend to continue to absorb and embrace new information as it arises. It amazes me what the population I work with continues to teach me on a daily basis. Not only about life, but the potential for the human condition to rise above and transform.

Therefore, my goal is to achieve transformation of my thoughts, which will in turn have the domino effect of changing my stress levels and, thereby, my health. I find myself thinking more and more lately that I really should take some of my own "advice".

So, 2010 I salute you. I dedicate this blog entry to the potential of what the new year has to bring me. A new year, a new thought process, an improved me...

Cheers!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment