Saturday, November 27, 2010

Been a long time comin'

Well, I know my original intentions were to continue to write on this blog at least once weekly. Since my last post was on August 27, that hasn't happened, now has it? I have been meaning to get on here and get some things out of my head, but haven't been able to bring myself to do it. What's been floating around in my head have been thoughts related to the MS, and I truly don't like to think of it that much. This could get messy, so do your best to keep up and I'll do my best to stay on track!

I've been thinking that I would like to refer to 'my MS' as something other than that phrase. 'My MS' is not something that I want to refer to as a friend. I'm definitely not on 'friendly' terms with this disease. I don't like to think of it as something I am fighting either because then I would be fighting against myself. I don't want to do that anymore. 'My MS' is more like something that has taken up residence in my body. I've tried to evict it and the damn thing refuses to leave!! For those of you that are landlords or ever have been, you can imagine how absolutely infuriating this is!! So, I still don't know what to refer to 'my MS' as. I was thinking of referring to 'it' as Lolita or something else ridiculous. I like to have conversations with 'my MS' from time to time, so I do find it important to put a name on 'it' or something. I don't want to be friendly with 'it', but I also don't want to personalize 'it' with 'my MS.'

For now, Lolita it will be, unless someone else has a better suggestion? I do, quite often, refer to Lolita as a pain in the ass or 'the nuisance', so these terms are interchangeable as well. :-)

Peace, love, and all things sunshine
L (not to be confused with Lolita)

No comments:

Post a Comment